Looking for clues on a classical German/Bohemian guitar

Moderatoren: Heidrun Eichler, Johannes Meinel, STELOL

Antworten
Robert Dobra

Looking for clues on a classical German/Bohemian guitar

Beitrag von Robert Dobra »

Hello everyone, some time ago I've acquired this classical guitar and I am trying to find out more about its precise origin, even though my hopes aren't high (as I already got used to the fact that it can rarely be achieved with these instruments that are not signed in any way).

What I know almost for sure that it was made somewhere in the Musikwinkel region (very likely Schonbach, but possibly Markneukirchen or other such towns in the vicinity) sometime around WW II – as it has a 0. fret, the Stauffer bolt on neck mechanism and tuners that surely point in this direction. The build quality is quite stunning to my eyes, all solid of course with some beautiful flame maple all over the place, shellac varnish, with certain elements not very common for instruments made in this region (the bracing pattern is closest to a Bouchet, it has a mahogany neck, 3 piece stacked heel and 24 frets, there is a plate glued on both sides of the headstock). The scale lenght is a little under 640 mm, nut 55 mm. And it sounds impeccable.

Some photos of this beauty:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Antworten